#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; } HOUSE OF GLITZ...!!!: Wales Speaks Sales, Success , Solange

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wales Speaks Sales, Success , Solange

DC Native and  hot new upcoming recording artist Wale recently sat down with HoneyMag.com to discuss the pressure surrounding the sales of his debut album, Attention Deficit, the unfortunate early online leaks, connecting with his female audience…and Solange.  (see below excerpts from the interview )

On Solange

“I do love her,” he admits of Solange, flashing a Cheshire. “We’re friends. She’s amazing. She’s a good person. Any single mother contributing to society the way she does – I got a lot of love for them. She’s got to do a lot on her own and raise a young black man in this day and age so my hat goes off to her. She’s definitely an anomaly. And the way she can do that and manage to do the same things that I complain about having to do.”

On his female fans

“I think people try too hard to market to females,” says Wale. “They insult their intelligence. I feel like there are going to be a lot of females who miss out on some great music on my album just because I wasn’t a huge radio artist.” His affection is as obvious as a set of flushed cheeks. And impossibly adorable. Wale, the former mixtape rapper from inner city DC, is borderline giddy. “Did you interview Solange about me?” Wale asks. He’s sprawled across his bed; head practically buried in the pillow. “Did she smile when you mentioned my name?
READ MORE CLICK NOW

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin