#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; } HOUSE OF GLITZ...!!!: Serena Williams Recovering From A Blood Clot In Her Lungs

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Serena Williams Recovering From A Blood Clot In Her Lungs

Serena Williams is back home recuperating after two health scares she describes as "extremely hard, scary, and disappointing."Her agents confirmed Wednesday that Williams suffered from a blood clot in her lungs last week and later needed treatment for a hematoma.




"I know I will be OK, but am praying and hoping this will all be behind me soon," Williams said in a statement. "While I can't make any promises now on my return, I hope to be back by early summer. That said, my main goal is to make sure I get there safely."

Spokeswoman Nicole Chabot told People magazine that Williams underwent "emergency treatment" Monday for a hematoma suffered as a result of treatment for "a more critical situation," a pulmonary embolism.  The 29-year-old Williams was treated at a Los Angeles hospital.

"Thankfully everything was caught in time," her agents said in a statement. "With continued doctor visits to monitor her situation, she is recuperating at home under strict medical supervision."



Williams' mother, Oracene Price, tweeted: "Thank you for your concern. She is fine."
The winner of 13 Grand Slam titles, Williams attended Sunday night's Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party.
"Thank you everyone for all of your prayers, concerns, and support," Williams said in her statement. "This has been extremely hard, scary, and disappointing. I am doing better. I'm at home now and working with my doctors to keep everything under control."
 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin