#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; } HOUSE OF GLITZ...!!!: Wanda Sykes Comes out of the Closet with Gloves On..!!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Wanda Sykes Comes out of the Closet with Gloves On..!!

Most people knew comedian Wanda Sykes was a lesbian, but the rest of the world learned her status on Saturday when Sykes surprised organizers of a Prop 8 rally in Las vegas by coming out officially. What I didn’t know was that Wanda married her lady friend on October 25th in a private ceremony. So now Sykes is fighting mad because, as she puts it: “
When my wife and I leave California, I want to have my marriage also recognized in Nevada, in Arizona, all the way to New York!”
Then Sykes goes on to compare a lifestyle choice with God’s natural selection and intelligent design of the sexes.
“Being gay is not a choice,” argues Sykes. “That’s like telling me I chose to be a woman, I chose to be black! Are we saying that if being gay is a choice… people are straight because they chose not to be gay?” (some would argue differn't )
Of course Sykes’ argument is flawed since she chose to be married to a man once (they divorced in 1998). Californians took a vote to oppose gay marriage. That’s how a democracy works. The people of California have spoken. So I think she will have to settle with being recongized in Nevada and go somewhere and sit down!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who cares!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin