#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; } HOUSE OF GLITZ...!!!: TAYE DIGGS: “YOU CAN’T MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY..”

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

TAYE DIGGS: “YOU CAN’T MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY..”

Taye Diggs and wife Idina Menzel back in April Last week, Taye Diggs’ TV series “Daybreak,” was cancelled due to low ratings. I personally tried to watch it but it was hard to follow but the Rumor has it that African-American women refused to support the series because Diggs’ love interest wasn’t black. Their lack of support was instrumental in the numbers being down and the show getting the boot. Last month he sat down with Rolling Out magazine to talk about why black woman are more accepting of the “Will Smith” & “Denzel” types Taye Diggs says is see below: “What [black women] were happy about was that [Mendes’ character in Hitch] wasn’t white; she was Latina,” Diggs explains when asked why Will Smith’s role in the film didn’t draw as much cultural ire as some of the choices he’s made on- and off-screen. “That’s what they were happy about, if we’re gonna be real. That’s how the scale goes. First off, if it’s a dark brother and the dark brother isn’t with a dark sister that causes issues. … After that, if you’re going to date outside the race, then they go down the list of how poorly other minorities have been treated after blacks. [So] after that, you have Latino. … Like, I’ve had people say that about my wife: ‘At least she looks Spanish.’ Like that makes it a little bit better. So that’s why people accepted it. If Will Smith had been with a lily-white woman, it would’ve been a completely different situation in the black community as far as females are concerned. I guarantee you that.” [SOURCE] Here is when he got a little attitude when the interviewer asked him about his white wife: “I’m too far along in my life and in my career to really give a question like that any type of dignified answer,” says Diggs, who was raised in black, middle-class Rochester, N.Y., intones. “When I was in high school, maybe. College, maybe. But I’m a grown-ass man and if people have a difficult time dealing with that, then I welcome them to see a movie with Omar Epps or Denzel Washington or some of those other brothers that have chosen to spend the rest of their lives with sisters, as you say. I just don’t have time for it. You can’t make everybody happy. And for the fans that are out there that are into me; they don’t really give a f— what’s going on with my personal life.” [SOURCE]

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin