#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; } HOUSE OF GLITZ...!!!: DIRECTOR LEE DANIELS ADDS TYRESE TO SEASON 2 OF EMPIRE

Monday, July 13, 2015

DIRECTOR LEE DANIELS ADDS TYRESE TO SEASON 2 OF EMPIRE

The list of all-stars to grace Empire’s second season has just gotten a bit longer. Lee Daniels took to his Instagram to announce that Tyrese will also be guest starring on the second season of FOX’s hip-hop drama. No word on what character he will portray yet.

For quite some time now, Ty has been dropping hints that he’s trying to be down with #TeamEmpire. It all began with a March Facebook post in which he joked about wanting to be reunited with former on-screen love interest, Taraji P. Henson, who plays Cookie on the popular series.


I’m not cool with all these dudes feeling all up on Yvette and Its on TV? I heard they call her Cookie now? The homies are telling me I gotta gotta get my bitch back.. I guess I gotta change my name too and go do some show called #Empire? Cause that’s where Yvette is now under her alias #Cookie? Damn…. see you soon
He later mentioned in an interview that he was actually in talks to appear in season one, but personal matters supposedly kept him away.

“I was supposed to be on season one of ‘Empire,’ and I was in and out of court fighting for a personal matter with my 7-year-old, so I wasn’t able to do the show. That’s the truth,” he told Huff Post Live. “I don’t like this Derek Luke dude kissing all over my girl. I don’t like Terrence [Howard] kissing all over her. It bothers me, and we’re gonna have to figure this shit out.”
According to Ty, his friends Taraji and Lee were also unhappy when season one plans fell through.

“Taraji and Lee Daniels were very, very disappointed — and I was too — that I couldn’t do it,” the actor added.

Anyway, after quite a bit of campaigning for a second chance, Tyrese was given another opportunity to take part in the popular series. Thursday, Lee announced on Instagram that the “Shame” singer will appear in season two:


Yes! Stop asking!!! #tyrese is coming on #empireseason2 And NO, I am not leaving my show! I just wrapped my 1st episode … I got #richardpryor to do! It was so much fun directing our wonderful cast … I miss and love them ALL… Sorta sad cause I’m not with them now but I’ll be back for the finale!! In the meantime we got some badass directors stepping in!!! #family #fox #empire #gottagettomakingmovies #iaintmadeamoviesincethebutler.
The exact nature of Ty’s role has not been disclosed, but it looks like he may be a love interest of Taraji. He confirmed on Instagram:
Fuuuuuccckkkkk that I’m coming to get my girl back……. I wasn’t gonna say shit – Lee Daniels just made the announcement #EMPIRE SEASON 2 Jody back on his bullshit – Taraji I mean Yvette I mean #Cookie I’m sorry I wasn’t there #Curtains #DropsMicExitStageLeft
So, are you excited about his “Empire” debut? Hopefully, his storyline will be juicy.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin