#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; } HOUSE OF GLITZ...!!!: VIDEO: TAMERA MOWRY GETS EMOTIONAL OVER NEGATIVE INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE COMMENTS

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

VIDEO: TAMERA MOWRY GETS EMOTIONAL OVER NEGATIVE INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE COMMENTS

What year is this? People are still nasty and hateful over people who date outside there race and it seems that Tamera Mowry-Housley is getting a lot of that still today in 2014. For the latest episode of Oprah: Where Are They Now?, Sister, Sister twins Tia & Tamera Mowry sat down with the OWN network to talk about life after their 90s show, becoming mothers and entrepreneurs as well as the ups and downs of stardom.
When the topic of interracial marriage came up, welled up with tears as she Tamera admitted that many messages and comments have been very hurtful since she married her husband, Adam Housley almost four years ago:
When my husband and I are so open and we’re fine, what we’re showing is love. Love. But people choose to look past love and spew hate. That’s what hurts me because I’ve never experience so much hate ever in my life. Ever. I get called white man’s whore…The new one was, “Back in the day, you cost $300. But now, you’re giving it to him for free”…[...] Stuff that I, me as a person, could never even fathom. I can’t even think of these words. It’s very hard for me to think of it because I’m a product of it. My mom is a beautiful black woman and my dad is an amazing white man and I grew up seeing a family. [...] This was the big one. They say, ‘Oh, Tia’s a true black woman because she married a black man.’ Oh, I’m less of a black person because I married white?
 Her sister Tia added that she has experienced people saying that Tamera is better off because she married a white man as opposed to a black man. After all the tears, Tamera ended by saying that she loves her husband, is proud of her family dynamic and at the end of the day, her marriage has been “based on love. Pure love.”

Peep the clip below: You can find their full episode on OWN’s onDemand via your cable network. Or check your local listings for more info.


In other Tamera news she took to twitter yesterday and showed off her new haircut minus the weave, and it’s a major departure from what we’re used to for her.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin