#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; } HOUSE OF GLITZ...!!!: KANYE WEST NEW YORK TIMES INTERVIEW CHATS ABOUT NEW ALBUM "YEEZUS", KIM KARDASHIAN, BECOMING A FATHER & MORE

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

KANYE WEST NEW YORK TIMES INTERVIEW CHATS ABOUT NEW ALBUM "YEEZUS", KIM KARDASHIAN, BECOMING A FATHER & MORE


Mental patient, Kayne West is letting the world into his twisted mind.  In the in-depth interview, which took place over the course of three days, West opened up about his music and personal life including his girlfriend Kim Kardashian and their soon-to-be daughter.

He also touched on some of the controversial moments in his career such as the Taylor Swift debacle at the VMAs and his comments about former President George W. Bush.
Kanye West has avoided the press, but he granted his first interview in a long time to The New York Times. Writer Jon Caramanica visited the 36-year-old superstar in Malibu as he was putting the finishing touches on his sixth album Yeezus.

He admits to not having any regrets. However, when asked if his apology to Taylor Swift was sincere, he says that peer pressure made him do it.

Read highlights from the candid interview below.


On the Grammys: “I don’t know if this is statistically right, but I’m assuming I have the most Grammys of anyone my age, but I haven’t won one against a white person. But the thing is, I don’t care about the Grammys; I just would like for the statistics to be more accurate.”
On speaking up for Justin Timberlake: “I remember when both Gnarls Barkley and Justin [Timberlake] lost for Album of the Year, and I looked at Justin, and I was like: ‘Do you want me to go onstage for you? You know, do you want me to fight?’”
On apologizing to Taylor Swift: “Yeah, I think that I have like, faltered, you know, as a human. My message isn’t perfectly defined. I have, as a human being, fallen to peer pressure.”

On whether his pain has influenced his art: “Great art comes from great artists. There’s a bunch of people that are hurt that still couldn’t have made the album that was super-polarizing and redefined the sound of radio.”
On when he knew he was going to be famous: “I knew when I wrote the line ‘light-skinned friend look like Michael Jackson’ [from the song 'Slow Jamz'] I was going to be a big star. At the time, they used to have the Virgin music [stores], and I would go there and just go up the escalator and say to myself, ‘I’m soaking in these last moments of anonymity.’ I knew I was going to make it this far; I knew that this was going to happen.”

On Dead Prez’ influence: “Before, when I wanted to rap, my raps sounded like a bit like Cam’ron; they sounded a bit like Mase; they sounded a bit like Jay-Z or whoever. And it wasn’t until I hung out with Dead Prez and understood how to make, you know, raps with a message sound cool that I was able to just write ‘All Falls Down’ in 15 minutes.”
On Kim Kardashian: “I’m the type of rock star that likes to have a girlfriend, you know? I’m the type of soul that likes to be in love and likes to be able to focus. And that inspires me.”

On why he does not appear on “Keeping Up with the Kardashians”: “You know, the amount of backlash I got from it is when I decided to not be on the show anymore. And it’s not that I have an issue with the show; I just have an issue with the amount of backlash that I get. Because I just see like, an amazing person that I’m in love with that I want to help.”
On becoming a father: “One of the things was just to be protective, that I would do anything to protect my child or my child’s mother. As simple as that. … I just don’t want to talk to America about my family. Like, this is my baby. This isn’t America’s baby.”
For the full interview, visit NYTimes.com.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin