#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; } HOUSE OF GLITZ...!!!: GLADIATORS KERRY WASHINGTON COVERS ELLE MAGAZINE JUNE ISSUE

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

GLADIATORS KERRY WASHINGTON COVERS ELLE MAGAZINE JUNE ISSUE

Finally!

Kerry Washington has landed the cover of Elle's June 2013 issue, making it the actress' first major fashion mag cover. Washington poses in a sweet cardigan and plaid shorts by Marc Jacobs, with just a hint of a Carine Gilson Lingerie Couture bra peeking out.


As the first African-American woman to headline a major network drama since 1974, Kerry is making her mark on the small screen and beyond. 


It shouldn't be too surprising that Kerry's scored a major cover -- not only is she a Best-Dressed List regular with enviable red carpet style, but she also stars in TV's hottest show, "Scandal," and was part of the massively successful "Django Unchained."
Yet with all that success, Kerry had yet to pose for a fashion magazine cover up till now. Women's Health, Ebony, Essence, Vibe -- plenty of non-fashion glossies have chosen Kerry for their covers. 
She even shared the cover of Elle's "Women in Hollywood" issue in December 2012. But the likes of Vogue and Harper's Bazaar eluded her. As Jezebel put it simply this past February, "Where is Kerry Washington's major magazine cover?"


Here’s what the 36-year-old Peeples actress had to share with the mag:
On her success: “I’m the luckiest broad in Hollywood now. To be the lead actor on Scandal and to be in the highest-earning Tarantino movie- I don’t get to ask for more.”

On a career she thought she’d have: “I imagined I’d be a clinical psychologist, with a focus on how performance shapes identity. I’d figure out ways to use role-playing in the healing of people.”

On getting ready for the red carpet: “I found out I enjoy the process. All these people show up at my house, they all have kits, someone has dresses. And it’s like, Let’s have fun. It’s not all about me. We’re able to create stories on the red carpet.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it

Also visit my weblog: exercises to improve vertical jump

Blog Widget by LinkWithin