#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; } HOUSE OF GLITZ...!!!: BEYONCE DEBUTS "I WAS HERE " VIDEO ON WORLD HUMANITARIAN DAY

Monday, August 20, 2012

BEYONCE DEBUTS "I WAS HERE " VIDEO ON WORLD HUMANITARIAN DAY

Queen Bey’s “I Was Here” music video debuted on Sunday in honor of World Humanitarian Day.



The video, filmed earlier this month at the United Nations in New York City, opens with a thought: “One day, one message, one goal. To inspire people all over the world to do something good, no matter how big or small, for someone else.”
Beyonce then takes the stage in long white gown to sing, “I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time…”

The screen behind her shows images of recent disasters and footage of humanitarian workers who have made a difference.
“I feel like we all want to know that our life meant something and that we did something for someone else,” Beyonce said in a statement prior to World Humanitarian Day. “That we spread positivity no matter how big or how small.”
 Sunday marked the anniversary of the 2003 bombing in Baghdad, Iraq, that killed 22 people. According to the World Humanitarian Day website, more than 1 billion people shared their message on social media: “This World Humanitarian Day I’m doing something good, somewhere, for someone else. Join me!”


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin