#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; } HOUSE OF GLITZ...!!!: Antonia "Toya" Carter Covers Rolling Out And Speaks On Tragedy To Triumph

Monday, April 18, 2011

Antonia "Toya" Carter Covers Rolling Out And Speaks On Tragedy To Triumph

A long way from just being Weezy Ex-baby mama, now engaged again.   Antonia “Toya” Carter is the latest celebrity to cover an issue of Rolling Out magazine and in it, speaks on motherhood and her new reality show.


Toya's show ‘Toya's Family Affair' debuted last week as BET's highest rated returning series in history with 1.5 million viewers.


And according to Toya , the program that goes in depth about her mother's drug problem and her strained relationship with her previously incarcerated brother is both a gift and a curse.While she enjoys having people relate to her, she's weary of people who feel like they really know her on a personal level.  Peep Excepts below:


On holding her own:




People thought Tiny and I were gong to do a baby momma show. They only knew that I was married to Lil Wayne. But once we did season 2, they knew more about me. My life has changed, and I’m more in the public’s eye. I hear from people who are inspired by my story. I didn’t do the show to bash Lil Wayne or be labeled the mother of his first child. I will always be attached to him, but I’m doing things to better myself such as the TV show, my book and opening a clothing store.


On women in relationships:



I just feel like women just go so hard. They give their all so fast. They give 100 [percent] and don’t get that in return. Relationships [are] supposed to be equal. A lot of women didn’t grow up with the affection from their dad. So, when they find a man, they expect that man to give that to them.They look for love in all the wrong places. They never had their fathers around to say, I love you, and you’re beautiful. So, the first man to tell them, I love you, and you’re beautiful, they fall for it. That’s the biggest problem. They throw themselves on a man all the time and say, I got him. That [doesn't] work.

Read More Click Now

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin