#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; } HOUSE OF GLITZ...!!!: New Orleans Rapper Mystikal Released From Prison After 6 Years

Friday, January 15, 2010

New Orleans Rapper Mystikal Released From Prison After 6 Years



Time really flew by New Orleans rapper, Mystikal has officially been released from prison and seeks to reestablish his career as a Hip-Hop artist. On Thursday (Jan. 14) after serving a six-year sentence on sexual assault and battery charges. The artist, born Michael Lawrence Tyler, is finally a free man, Mystikal might be best known for chart toppers in 2000 and 2001 with his hits “Shake Ya Ass” and “Danger (Been So Long).”

“I’m back! I’m still tryin’ to feel this reality. It still almost feels like a dream,” he told his hometown radio station Q93 FM. “Six years off the scene, for most rappers it’d be over with. Man, it’s gon’ be the beginning for me and I’m finna get my reparations.” 
“It had to be God [that got me through jail]. Going through it, it was tough. I had to get outta my way and let God handle that,” he stated. “He had his arms wrapped around me tight.” 
 

Mystikal’s lengthy prison sentence stemmed from an incident in which he forced his hairstylist to perform sexual acts on him and his bodyguard. He initially denied the charges, but accepted a plea in 2003, when a videotape of the incident was presented during his trial.
He said it hurt to be in jail for the death of his sister and Soulja Slim, as well as not being able to help his hometown during the Hurricane Katrina tragedy. Sounding excited, he further indicated that he had been wronged, but moreover that he was prepared to reenter the music game a star.
I see he's out talking crazy what reparations?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin