#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; } HOUSE OF GLITZ...!!!: Janet Jackson Covers Gotham Magazine

Monday, January 18, 2010

Janet Jackson Covers Gotham Magazine



Janet Jackson covers the new issue of Gotham, and she speaks on  her life in New York, her new book, her new album, her New Year’s resolutions and, the death of her brother Michael.

On what she’s taken from Michael’s death:
“When you hear people say life goes on, it’s really the truth. You can’t stop living. It becomes a part of you. I feel a bit selfish because there are times I feel I shouldn’t be doing this, but I enjoy my work and I have to keep doing it. I have to keep my life going. There are days that are harder than others.”



On her new album:
“It’s going to be a little different. The writing is about life experiences. There’s a part of me that’s craving escapism, which is a sense of wanting to keep on moving with my work but also of coming to terms with reality. So I think it will be upbeat and light.”


On her new book:
“I hope it’s inspiring for all ages. I’m talking about weight loss, confidence, self-esteem—especially in your youth. It’s not an autobiography, but there are little anecdotes that I give here and there from my childhood all the way to the present that I thought would be interesting and helpful to share.”


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin